There are different ways of integration a form on your own website. You can either use our turn-key solution Web Automation, or do an API integration.
Sample flow for integration
The form date in this example is being collected in the customers own system, such as a form on the customers website or app.
The actual form that are to be signed using Assently can either be created by the integration, or populate form fields in an existing form saved on a Template in Assently. The design choice you make affects step 5 below.
NOTE. All development and testing are to be made in the Assently test environment.
- Log on to your account in the test environment.
- Create an agent specific for the API integration, who will be the creater and sender of the cases.
- Activate API for that agent. You will receive an API Key and API Secret. Th API-key is only shown once, so save it in a secure place. Both are needed when your integration makes API calls.
- Create a "Form template" in the in the Web Office -> Templates, and confiure the template with regards to notifications, signing methods, etc.
- There are two different ways of using the API:
- The form template doesn't contain a document. The API integration creates a PDF-file each time the form on the own website is being sent. The integration creates a case based on the template and updates the case with the PDF-file just created.
- The form template contains a PDF-file with fillable form fields. The integration creates a case from the template, and updates the case with the collected form fields (FormFields) in the API call, where Assently populates the data into the PDF file.
- The flow then follows the one of a normal form. The main advantage with an API integration is that you get better control of what's being signed, and what's to happen after a case has been signed, such as: making callbacks, subscribing to events, forward the visitor to another website using continueUrl, get data for use in external systems, etc.
NOTE. All development and testing are to be made in the Assently test environment. Move to the production environment after conducting acceptance testing. Check that the correct API-keys and end-points are being used to make sure that the flow works as expected.
General recommendations when making an integration
- Inform Assently before deploying to production of your integrations, in order to coordinate and reconcile
- If data is being collected outside of Assently's secure environment, the customer should ensure that the data is being collected securely and that encryption is being made according to industry standards.